New PS5 Slim Teardown Video Shows Internals, Liquid Metal, Temperatures, Power Consumption and More

do you want play one game »?
Mr.T

New PS5 Slim Teardown Video Shows Internals, Liquid Metal, Temperatures, Power Consumption and More

Post by Mr.T »

The very first PS5 Slim teardown video has been released, comparing sizes, showing internals, temperatures, power consumption, and more.

Some days ago we reported on several new pictures of Sony's new PlayStation 5 model, showing the console's ports, and, rather cheap-looking, matt/glossy hybrid side panels. Courtesy of known YouTuber 'Dave2D' we now have an actual teardown video of Sony's new PS5 hardware model. In the video, the current PS5 model is compared to the new PS5 Slim model, showing a clear difference in exterior size, but also a comparison of the internals. Interestingly enough, the video also compares the temperatures of both models following an eight-hour stress loop. The result - is between 62 and 64 degrees for the new PS5 Slim model and 60 to 63 degrees for the 'old' current model.

Power consumption is also measured showing a somewhat higher power consumption for the new Slim model in Spider-Man 2, Astro's Playroom, and Death Stranding. In addition, the teardown shows the tool-less disk slot removal. Don't expect a deep-dive teardown, and we can imagine that some won't like this video. As a matter of fact, 'Dave2D' actually questions whether he's the first person to be doing such a teardown. "Somehow, it's able to cool all of this in a smaller system using the same chip", the YouTuber says. "I don't know, something is not adding up. I feel like there's something I'm missing, but I'm the wrong channel to be coming to". Check out the new PS5 Slim teardown video below and judge for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCGZ6pkbD5E
Fonte: Wccftech